Annual Membership Meeting Event
Our Annual Membership Meeting for 2017 will be Saturday October 28th, 7pm, at the Gateway Cafe in Plummer. Members please RSVP by October 16th. We will vote in Board Members for the odd number areas of Benewah County (please see the About Us page to see where those areas cover) and State Delegates will be chosen to go to the State FB Meeting in December.
Past year speakers have included: Wayne Hoffman from the Idaho Freedom Foundation speaking about the importance to hold representatives and congressmen accountable, Fred Birnbaum from Idaho Freedom Foundation spoke about Asset Forfeiture, Jim Chmelik spoke to us before about the need for getting control of lands held in trust for the State of Idaho (a.k.a. Federal lands), and Ken Ivory from the American Lands Council to spoke on the transfer of public lands to the states.
Activities and Achievements of Benewah County Farm Bureau 2016
- Members attended the annual IFBF meeting.
- Awarded gold stars in areas of activity from Idaho Farm Bureau for 2015
- Scheduled regular once a month meetings
- Membership Drive by committee chairman, Russ Lowry
- Have members on the State Forestry Committee
- Member serving on the Agri-Pac Committee and attended meetings
- Member serving on State Women’s Committee
- Attended County Commissioner Meetings
- Several Members participated in the Legislative Conference in Boise. Guests for the Legislative Buffet were Representative Caroline Troy
- Board Training by North Idaho Regional Manager, Bob Smathers
- Policy Development Training
- Members participated in several community information meetings
- Served Hot Dogs, chips and beverages to County Fair participants and parents at the County Fair
- Fair Booth educational display on computers connected to “My American Farm”
- Board members donated to Agri-Pac
- Submitted Resolutions to the District V Convention, which continued as State Resolutions
- Participated in e-mail campaign to Idaho Legislature
- Benewah County FB website is up and running with a video, the Code of the New West document, and Women’s Committee contest information. benewahcountyidaho.org
- Summer President’s Conference was attended
- Met with our county sheriff and shared our concerns for Benewah County
- MAC (moving agriculture to the classroom) presentation of milking the cow and grinding wheat
- Phone conference calls during the Legislature session with Representative Troy
THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!